Monday, March 29, 2010

Something that drastically changed my thinking

When I was little I thought I had the perfect family. Everything was just the way I wanted it to be. We lived in a nice house, surrounded by vast land, loved driving my Barbie charged car around, and my parents were happily married together. At around the age of 13 my parents had problems and my dad no longer trusted my mom financially. I felt my life falling into pieces when that happened. My parents are no longer together and it makes me sad whenever I think about it.
My dad is in Australia right now and my mom is still working even though she is 60 years old. I see my mom struggling and it makes me sad that I can’t help her out right now. This situation drastically changed me because I didn’t have a dad to guide me through my teenage years. I always thought my parents were going to be together forever. But things changed, and I took them for granted when they were together. I wish I would of changed my ways back then when I would be disobedient towards them. My life isn’t the same and I dealt with it for 7 years already. It still hurts inside, but its life. We all have to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment